Announcing the 2022 Seafood Excellence Global Awards Finalists
Thirty-nine finalists from 13 countries will compete in the 2022 Seafood Excellence Global Awards competition, which will take place at Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global in Barcelona, Spain, from April 26-28, event organizer Diversified announced. Communication on April 6.
The annual product competition aims to highlight and recognize the best seafood offerings presented at the exhibition. Two grand prizes will be awarded for Best Retail Product and Best Hotel/Restaurant/Catering (HORECA) Product at the expo, with five additional special prizes awarded for Innovation, Convenience, Health and Safety. nutrition, retail packaging and seafood line.
All the seafood products entered in the competitionincluding the 39 finalists, will be exhibited during the three days of exhibition in the Galleria, between halls 4 and 5, in the Gran Via hall of the Fira de Barcelona, where the 28th edition of Seafood Expo Global/Seafood will take place ProcessingGlobal.
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony and reception on April 26, 2022, at CC5, room 5.1 from 7:15 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Gran Via site of Fira de Barcelona.
The six finalist products in the HORECA category and the 33 products in the retail category are:
- Balfegó bluefin tuna loin from Balfego & Balfego, SL – Spain (HORECA)
- Caviar Cigar from Caviar Import SRL – Italy (HORECA)
- Frozen takoyaki from Freshpack – France (HORECA)
- Onigiri Shrimp Mayonnaise from Freshpack – France (HORECA)
- Seaweed Spread – Yuzu & Ginger from GlobeXplore – France (HORECA)
- Tartan Salmon Label Rouge Fresh Scottish Salmon Fillet from The Scottish Salmon Company – UK (HORECA)
- Nowtural – Hake, Wakame & Shiitake Burger from Congalsa SL – Spain (Retail)
- Nowtural – Hake with Sweet Potato, Mushrooms, Asparagus and Green Mojo Sauce from Congalsa SL – Spain (Retail)
- Dolores Tuna Chilorio de Frime SAU – Spain (Retail)
- Dolores Tuna with Quinoa and Cranberry from Frime SAU – Spain (Retail)
- Tataki block of frozen marinated yellowfin tuna from Frime SAU – Spain (Retail)
- Frozen marinated yellowfin tuna cubes from Frime SAU – Spain (Retail)
- Frozen yellowfin tuna burger from Frime SAU – Spain (Retail)
- Global Seafoods Hot Buttered Calamari Burger [PVT] LTD – Sri Lanka (Retail)
- Donegal Catch Craft Cider Battered Atlantic Haddock Fillets from Green Isle Seafood, part of the Origin Green Ireland stand – Ireland (Retail)
- Flambé salmon burger from Hatala Oy – Finland (Retail)
- Flambé salmon rum and maple syrup from Hatala Oy – Finland (Retail)
- JC Mackintosh Smoked Wild Caught Bluefin Tuna Carpaccio – Spain (Retail)
- Bangkok – Fresh lemongrass and ginger sauce from Krijn Verwijs Yerseke BV – Netherlands (Retail)
- Medipesca Prawns & Crab Burger – Tunisia (Retail)
- Fritto Misto/Mixed Fried Seafood from Medusa – Cesare Regnoli & Figlio SRL – Italy (Retail)
- The Captain’s Cut Simply Delicious Smoked Haddock from MerAlliance – France (Retail)
- Prepared Seafood Soup from Pescanova España – Spain (Retail)
- P’tits Duos – Cod & Sweet Potato from Pescanova España – Spain (Retail)
- PRESTO RECIPE for Seafood Risotto from Pescanova España – Spain (Detail)
- PRESTO RECIPE Shrimp Curry from Pescanova España – Spain (Detail)
- Salmon Noodles from Pescanova España – Spain (Retail)
- Turbot with Vegetables from Pescanova España – Spain (Retail)
- Tuna in Arrabiata sauce from Salica Industria Alimentaria SA – Spain (Retail)
- SALMA Burger Pepper & Lime from Salmon Brands AS – Norway (Retail)
- Squid cutlet with carrot and ginger puree and selection of vegetables from Sia Sudrablinis – Latvia (detail)
- Snack a fish with olives and dried tomatoes from Tenax Sild A/S – Denmark (Retail)
- Native Hebridean Smoked Scottish Salmon from The Scottish Salmon Company – UK (Retail)
- Organic & Red Label Peeled Raw Shrimps from Madagascar from UNIMA – France (Retail)
- Van Duc Tien Giang Food Export Company Shrimp Seafood Burgers – Vietnam (Retail)
- Mango Breaded Fish from Van Duc Tien Giang Food Export Company – Vietnam (Retail)
- Astro Snack – Selection of freeze-dried surimi from the Viciunai group – Spain (Retail)
- Dumplings with Salmon and Seaweed “MI DORI” from the Viciunai Group – Spain (Retail)
- Hot smoked salmon sticks with oat flakes, amaranth seeds and Goji berries from the Viciunai group – Spain (detail)
“With thousands of companies represented at Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global and 81 product applications, being selected as a finalist in the Seafood Excellence Global Awards competition is a remarkable achievement,” Diversified said in a press release.
SeafoodSource, owned and operated by Diversified Communications, is the official media of Seafood Expo Global and Seafood Processing Global. SeafoodSource’s editorial team will cover the Seafood Excellence Awards ceremony and announce the winners.