Chicken Of The Sea Frozen Foods Releases 2022 Seafood Industry Survey And Think Big Campaign
North America’s No. 1 Pasteurized Shrimp and Crab Meat Importer Launches Insights-Based Campaign to Meet Changing Market Demands
EL SEGUNDO, Calif., June 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Chicken of the Sea Frozen Foods (COSFF) is launching a new corporate campaign, THINK BIG, as the brand highlights its unique strategic offerings around the changing demands of the seafood industry. As part of this corporate initiative, the brand has partnered with a consulting firm in Market Research, Wakefield Research, to find out how the retail and foodservice industry has evolved over the past twelve months and where it is heading. The survey results were based on responses from United States executives and buyers in the grocery retail and food service category.
Main results of the survey
- Surveyed, 71% of food executives and buyers said seafood was best positioned to deal with unforeseen challenges and disruptions, compared to beef (44%), poultry (43%) , vegetable proteins (38%) and pork (35%). %) Industries.
- After several years without being able to eat out, food executives and shoppers (49%) say consumers are trying to recreate the restaurant experience at home.
- Almost all food executives and buyers (97%) say consumers are willing to try new and innovative seafood products, including 52% who say they are very willing.
- Nearly three-quarters of food executives and buyers (73%) have seen an increase in demand for sustainably caught and raised products over the past 12 months, with 30% reporting a significant increase.
- Food executives and buyers said they were surprised by consumer demands for value-added products (44%), as well as ready-to-eat (42%) and ready-to-cook (42%) products.
“We are proud of our best customers, our team, our expertise in the seafood category and our resources – it is what has taken Chicken of the Sea to a leading position in the industry. This survey was part of our effort to provide even better service to our partners,” says Brenden Beck, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Chicken of the Sea Frozen Foods. “We have operated in a volatile and changing market over the past few years, which has helped us get even closer to our customers to strategically navigate these changes together. The Think Big initiative is an effort to continue directing resources towards these key areas that our customers have identified as their biggest challenges and needs, including innovation, sustainability, supply chain connectivity and market expertise.”
The ultimate goal of COSFF’s Think Big initiative is to show their customers even more support through their unique capabilities that can help grow their business. COSFF is at the forefront of industry best practices by being a pioneer in sustainability and strategic partnership with its customers. Additionally, it has made a major investment in market and consumer insights, built a team of innovation experts to complement Thai Union’s global innovation center, and has the most developed quality assurance network in the world. sector. To learn more, visit b2b.chickenofthesea.com.
About Sea Chicken Frozen Foods
COSFF is a wholly owned subsidiary of Thai Union Group. It operates seafood brands, including Chicken of the Sea, Xcellent, Asian Gold, Orion and VanCamps, sold through retailers, clubs, wholesalers, general food service operators and national restaurant chains.
Chicken of the Sea Frozen Foods, headquartered in El Segundo, California., sources responsibly and has a strict code of conduct with its suppliers around the world. Founded in 2006 in partnership with Thai Union, the newly formed company has grown from zero to over $1 billion in sales in 15 years. COSFF is the leading importer of shrimp and crabmeat in North America and is also a market leader in several other seafood categories.
For more information on Chicken of the Sea Frozen Foods, please visit b2b.chickenofthesea.com.
The Chicken of the Sea survey was conducted by Wakefield Research (www.wakefieldresearch.com) among 100 Grocery Retail Executives & Buyers and US Restaurant Executives & Buyers with a minimum seniority of Director, between May 3rd and May 10e, 2022, using an email invitation and online survey. A quota has been established for 50 executives and buyers in grocery retail and 50 executives and buyers in catering. The study’s margin of error is +/- 9.8%.
HUNTER: on behalf of Chicken of the Sea Frozen Foods
Frozen Foods Sea Chicken SOURCE